Stars of Education/Teacher of the Year
August 20, 2020
The Foundation for Oklahoma City Public Schools honors those who do the day-to-day work of educating our city’s children through our Stars of Education/Teacher of the Year event!
The community-wide celebration starts in the fall of each school year when District staff, students, parents and community members submit nominations for the Partners in Action Community Partner of the Year, Super Support Staff Awards and Valuable Volunteer Awards.
Each school site also selects their “Building Teacher of the Year” each fall. This gives the district’s top educators time to put together a comprehensive portfolio demonstrating the educator’s teaching philosophy, which is then reviewed by past district Teachers of the Year finalists, honorees and state Teachers of the Year. With a lot of hard work, these submissions are narrowed down to an elite group of finalists, who compete to represent the Oklahoma City Public School District in the State Teacher of the Year competition.
The celebration is usually held in the spring as site-based award ceremonies are held throughout the District celebrating the top partnerships, support staff and volunteers. As the school year draws to a close, the Stars of Education celebration concludes with the district Teacher of the Year announcement.
To register for our virtual Stars of Education/Teacher of the Year event, click the button below.
- Michelle Cheney, Kaiser Elementary, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Leslie Davis, Cleveland Elementary, 1st Grade Teacher
- Amanda Girdler, Taft Middle School, 5th Grade Math and Science Teacher
- Mary (Katy) Hamilton, Johnson Pre-K Center, SPED Pre-K Teacher
- Danielle Hubble, Wheeler Middle School, SPED English Language Arts Teacher
- Laura Hughes, Heronville Elementary, Pre-K Teacher
- Lee Peacock Jones, Van Buren Elementary, Library Media Specialist
- Angela Peake, Coolidge Elementary, SPED/ID Teacher
- Jennifer Sinclair, Nichols Hills Enterprise Elementary, Kindergarten Teacher
- Christina Kirk, Rogers Middle School, 8th Grade English & AVID Elective Teacher
- Anthony Chancellor, Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School, 2018
- Madison Wingate, Pierce Elementary School, 2017
- Rebecka Graffigna – Linwood Elementary, 2016
- Samantha Murch – Star Spencer High School, 2015
- Meredith Ziegler – Wilson Arts Integration Elementary, 2014
- Heather Meldrum – Stanley Hupfeld Western Village Academy, 2013
- Daniel Buckmaster – Belle Isle Enterprise Middle School, 2012
- Nikki Cowshow – Edgemere Elementary, 2011
- Meredith Wronowski – Capitol Hill High School, 2010
- Jennifer Robinson – Classen School of Advanced Studies, 2009
- Heather Sparks – Taft Middle School, 2008
- Michael Payne – Classen School of Advanced Studies, 2007
- Sanford Jackson – Taft Middle School, 2006
- Robyn Hilger – Bell Isle Enterprise Middle School, 2005
- Jill Scott – Andrew Johnson Elementary School, 2004
- Michael McGuire – Northeast Academy, 2003